Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Sam stone





The other day I was taking down a beautiful felted piece by Tina Calén. We have exposed it for some time in the garden where I work and it´s been lovely seeing people circle around it to figure out what it says ... the final words are "It´s amazing what curiousity can make people do". 

Anyway, as I was taking it down I discovered a little stone at the foot of the pillar. A mini stone that said Sam. On the backside a web address was found and when I entered I realized that this was no ordinary stone. Sam was killed in an accident some years ago and to remember him and spread love his parents started creating these stones and handing them out or just placing the stones wherever. If you find a Samstone, pause and think of the love that secretly has been passed on to you. You can keep the stone, give it to someone who you think need it or just place it somewhere for someone else to be found. I feel blessed having found this stone as I realized just three stones has been noticed in Sweden. 

What a beautiful idea - people are great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment